1.27.2017

The best, classiest week, just tremendous

Hey guys! One week down, just two-hundred seven weeks to go! And, come on, that wasn't so bad right? I mean, sure, The Economist downgraded the United States from a "full democracy" to a "flawed democracy," but that democracy part is still hanging in there, you know? And honestly, I've always thought that our flaws are what make us beautiful anyway. So this is kind of alternative good news, if you think about it. 

And, okay, if you read the full transcript of this interview with the man we put in our nation's highest office and come away with any word other than "unhinged," then I feel that your literacy, at the very least, is called into question. But remember: we've had lots of presidents who were fully hinged! This country craved change. Not to mention, our other choice was EQUALLY BAD. You haven't forgotten the EMAILS, have you? Never, never forget.

Plus, fine, The Doomsday Clock is now closer to midnight than it has been since 1953. And that definitely sounds bad! But please keep in mind that the current iteration measures not only the threat of nuclear catastrophe, but also disasters related to things like climate change, and a full 3% of the world's scientists know that climate change isn't even real.


***stares catatonically at the screen for half-an-hour***


Wednesday night was Burns Night, so I made Cock-a-leekie Soup as usual because that's a funny word and a Scottish recipe and the sort of thing I used to care about and am trying to pretend that I still do.



I am sorry that I can feel nothing for you right now, funny soup


Anyway, I guess we should all just...






Try to keep on, you know...





Yeah.



SaveSave