11.10.2017

(LOL)

I made some Vegetarian Tortilla Soup, which tasted very good but looks terrible because DST has ended and nothing suffers from lack of natural lighting more than pictures of soup.



Liquid food was not meant for the age of electricity


I consider this to be the one and only drawback of the "fall back" time change, which I otherwise embrace wholeheartedly. My children actually fall asleep at bedtime because it is dark outside! Our walk to the bus stop is no longer pitch black! And listen, I realize that I am a Texan by birth and inertia, but ~spiritually~ I'm from some dark, damp village much much closer to the North Pole, so if I could just decide I was In For The Night around 1:00 pm every day that would be fine with me. Honestly, any time I have carefully weighed the idea that I might be a supervillain, my evidence is not so much words or deeds or thoughts but rather my deep and inexplicable mistrust of sunlight.

YAY FOR FALL.

Anyway, at Girls Scouts this week Anna made a wreath comprised of things she is thankful for, and one thing I am thankful for is her grasp of the parenthetical.