3.12.2020

Eggplant Parmesan

A few days ago I was eyeing Rice Pudding as this week's recipe, but when I realized it's mostly pantry staples I immediately shifted it over to the "potential quarantine recipe" pile, which was not a joke to myself exactly, but still had a sort of haha, you know, maybe, just in case quality. As of today though it's just on a "potential quarantine recipe" pile without any qualifiers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway.

It's been a while since I did a Stardew recipe that I knew would taste good but would also be a pain to make, so Eggplant Parmesan it is:





I'm not sure the girls even consider whether they like a thing before they give it a thumbs up anymore, I think they have just trained themselves to give the camera a thumbs up. At any rate, it gives me some leverage in the "finish your dinner" battle if they approved of it at the outset, so it's win-win for me.






ASSESSMENT: It's far too much work to make eggplant taste good. Dredging it through flour AND milk AND breadcrumbs THEN cooking it THEN assembling it into the main dish? This is where my extreme aversion to dirtying more cookware/dishes than necessary really rears its head.

PROJECT STATUS: Lol I mean what is the status of literally anything right now honestly