7.22.2016

The week in lessons

I did it, guys! I made dinner out of the July issue of Eating Well for three nights in a row and still managed to eat disturbingly few vegetables. The key is believing in yourself.


Hawaiian Steak Fajitas with Grilled Pineapple Salsa. What I learned from this recipe: I need to clean my grill pan more thoroughly because that pineapple tasted like old burnt stuff.


Honey-Roasted Cherry and Ricotta Tartine. What I learned from this recipe: you can honestly serve anything you want for dinner no matter how obviously it is in fact a decadent breakfast and you will not be arrested.


Tomato, Watermelon, & Avocado Salad. What I learned from this recipe: my children are TERRIFIED of black sesame seeds. 



What I learned from not really providing any entertainment for my ragged summer children: they will make their own fun! Said fun might be crafting hominids out of dill pickles, but that could be a useful life skill in the dystopian future, I dunno.



His name is Mr. Pickle


Or maybe they will decide to pose for all pictures with their eyes closed because they think they are cuter that way and then when you ask them to please try one with open eyes they will force you to agree with their premise. Also fun!