7.29.2016

Why is it still July that can't be right

I hope you're ready for an absolute onslaught of summertime foods this morning because I really threw myself into this Martha Stewart Living and I have the constant low-grade irritation to prove it.



Zucchini Frittata. I thought I had accidentally turned this into scrambled eggs but it held together and was good. Even better as leftovers. 7/10 did not increase hatred of season



Creamy Horchata Pops. YAY FOR CINNAMON IN HOT WEATHER. I've become obsessed with traditionally winter-y tastes and smells because that's what happens to me in the dog days, so this scratched that itch for me. Also, the leftover horchata combined with iced coffee was a revelation. 15/10 almost convinced me season is okay




Lemon-Spice Ice Cream Sandwiches. Guys, it's A LOT easier to just buy ice cream sandwiches, which are already good. 5/10 reminded me that everything about season is harder than necessary 




Corn Vichyssoise. Tastes like corn. Left bits of fresh corn/strings all over my kitchen. Has a weird shadows in this picture that makes it seem like it is puffing up like a soufflé. 4/10 wish it were a soufflé



Ivy has determined that if you stand perfectly, perfectly still the heat can't find you.



I was going to joke that it's probably heat-seeking but then I got kind of sad about it being lonely, these conventions have really done a number on me