11.18.2016

Remember when I used to be fun

My comfort cooking has moved from the everything in broth stage to the everything in tortillas stage. I am still using the Thug Kitchen cookbook. I am also still shielding you from links to it, my sweet precious darlings.



Lentil Tacos with Carrot-Jicama Slaw

Roasted Chickpea and Broccoli Burrito

Hmm, those two dishes look very similar in dim autumn light but I assure you they are entirely different piles of legumes and vegetables in flour tortillas. Varied as heck.


It was 86 degrees here on Wednesday. Fortunately, my Farmers Almanac had already instructed me to bring all of my potted plants in to protect them from freezing two days before. Meanwhile, the North Pole is 36 degrees warmer than normal and the extent of the sea ice is at a record low. This isn't an opinion, these are numbers that can be tested. I have been told that we are in a post-fact, post-truth era, but apparently "I like facts" is the unexpectedly necessary hill I have chosen to die on. For some reason I am a lot more worried about this than I was a week and a half ago.



Anna is deeply disappointed that you think climate change is a liberal hoax.

How can fact-checking be elitist? she despairs.