8.22.2019

Blackberry Cobbler

It's so deeply August right now. Everything is brown and the air itself is actively hostile to human existence. It's the point in the year when I ask myself every day, why do I live here? Why has anyone ever lived here? Only armadillos should live here. The sun can't kill them through their little shell. I need a little shell. And then I curl into a ball on the couch and hiss at the sunlight streaming through the window, as is my tradition. A fruit cobbler really seemed like the only option this week.





And even that was pushing it, honestly. It's bad when you're straining to cobble something. Right, Merriam-Webster?






Anyway, Anna gave it a thumbs up.




Although, notice the barely-perceptible shift in her smile and thumb position as the tartness of the blackberries hits.





No reaction from Ivy because she did not have enough of her dinner to get dessert last night, but she did have enough astigmatism to get some sweet new glasses, so there's that.






ASSESSMENT: I believe "There's nothing quite like it" is the vaguest description in the Stardew arsenal, and it's...impossible to argue with? I guess there's nothing QUITE like it, but like...a lot of similar things. They're all good, though. Put sweet biscuit dough with fruit, what have you got to lose? Always going to be good.

PROJECT STATUS: *hisses until you close the blinds*