8.29.2019

Pizza

Please know that I made this pizza journey as difficult as I reasonably could, what with the handmade dough and two-hours-on-the-stove sauce and yet my child still does not consider it "from scratch" because I did not grow the tomatoes or...grind the flour and cure the cheese, I guess? So, there's my admission right up front, I bought the mozzarella the bag of flour at the grocery store like a lazy monster. If you can move beyond your sneering disgust for me and my modern decadence, please just look at the picture below and know that the pizza was delicious.



Even when it's bad it's good, so when it's not bad WOW just imagine



Even the Authenticity Disapprover thought so.






ASSESSMENT: Pizza is never bad, even if you did not personally harvest the salt used to season it from the sea with your bare hands. I know we're not even halfway through, but it's hard for me to believe that I will enjoy a Stardew description more than "It's popular for all the right reasons."

PROJECT STATUS: Slightly derailed, as the half-from-scratch pizza dough gave me the confidence to try making flour tortillas (pretty good) and embark on many, many days of trying to get a sourdough operation off the ground (nope). Mad respect for everyone successfully making sourdough out there, I believe you should be charging at least $100 a loaf.