10.09.2015

It's a dolphin! Jumping out of the water!

Is it October where you are? Like, actually October? Because we are caught in some kind of temperature warp here and no amount of listlessly flipping through Martha is convincing me otherwise. Maybe a recipe?

Spicy Sausage and Lentil Stew with Escarole Salad. (We don't use the "s" word in our house lest a certain first grader retreat screaming from the room.)


Pretty fall-ish! Probably better with spice!

Martha's calendar, October 6th-9th:

"Dig and divide hostas." Look, I have no idea what hostas are, but every time I skimmed that sentence I swear I saw the word "Doritos." I know you might not see it, but trust me, it's there if you lean back and cross your eyes slightly. I was really, really good at those 3D pictures in the 90s. (Quietly crunches chips while you squint at the screen.)

"Clean stainless steel appliances with white vinegar." Ohhhhhhhh but all my appliances are black. And who knows what vinegar might do them, no sense taking chances.

"Pack away summer clothes in canvas bags." Sure, let's just take a peek at next week's forecast to make sure--


(Weeps silently into empty chip bag)


I can't help but think the girls would be more excited about ballet if I were better at fixing their hair.



Anna looks like she's ready to saunter into her Intro Psych class in pajama pants and sunglasses.