6.18.2019

Bruschetta

Austin is predicted to hit 100 degrees this week, slightly ahead of the start of astronomical summer, which is kind of my version of Groundhog Day--triple digits pre-solstice tends to indicate several more months of "What if dinner, but it's basically just a plate of bread?" Combine that with the fact that I am solo parenting this week and the amount of effort I am currently willing to put into meal prep landed directly on bruschetta.


And not the version where I make the baguette myself

...or the version where I follow directions and roast the tomatoes first


I appreciate that the children went to such lengths to make sure their dinner table wardrobes matched the general vibe of "raw tomatoes and bread."






ASSESSMENT: Bruschetta is always delicious, I ate so many tomatoes the top of my mouth still hurts, +5 lycopene boost

PROJECT STATUS: Maybe when Dan gets back I will turn on the oven again