6.25.2019

Fruit Salad, Algae Soup

Good news, I managed to find a recipe that was slightly less effort than tomatoes on bread: three kinds of fruit mixed in a bowl.





Not much to say about fruit salad except that one child discovered that she loves apricots and one child informed me that she does not like watermelon, which is new information. Both children kept abandoning most of the fruit on their plates:






...which is weird, because they are generally very good fruit eaters. I also found that I was not as enthusiastic about grabbing the bowl of fruit salad out of the fridge as I usually would be, which makes me think that this specific combination of perfectly good fruits is kind of wonky for some reason? Are the...shapes incompatible? The flavors? This is a genuine mystery and if any of you have a grand unified theory on fruit salad combinations I'm all ears.

Anyway, I then welcomed Dan back to town with a steaming bowl of algae soup, if you want to add that to your mental picture of what it's like to be married to me.



Slimy!

Always promising when a dish can be obtained from killing Mutant Grubs

It's actually Miyeok Guk, because it seemed to me that seaweed soup was essentially the same as algae soup and after some dinner table disagreement/internet-referencing it was determined that seaweed is in fact a type of algae. BEHOLD, MY ACCURACY. All of which is too say that if my children can't even be enticed to eat blueberries, it seems unlikely that they would go for--






Huh. Some sort of summer miracle, I see. Or simply a part of their diabolical lifelong plan to just...confuse me at every turn.


ASSESSMENT: I am still reeling from the lack of consternation regarding this soup, and baffled by everyone's middling response to the fruit salad

PROJECT STATUS: Well who even knows anymore, honestly