3.19.2020

Miner's Treat

Haha, well. I guess we'll see how long maintaining this keeps up! It's only been a few days of ~all this~ and I'm already having a liiiiiiiiittle trouble remembering what day of the week it is. Probably because each day is about three weeks long. So maybe blogging will drop off entirely along with my access to weird Stardew-specific ingredients or maybe I will go hard the other direction and post like three times a day. Literally no way to know. Not knowing what will happen! It's all the rage.

How are you? Are you okay? Do you normally spend a lot of time outside your house? Because one thing I've noticed is that my personal schedule has actually not changed very much except that there are now people constantly underfoot, creating dirty dishes in an amount that seem...out of proportion to their numbers. So as someone who was apparently already self-isolating: try to wash your face in the morning and wear daytime pants vs. nighttime pants, even if daytime pants are very stretchy. Or don't! Don't wear pants at all, I'm not your mom. I'm not even enforcing this amongst people whomst mom I am. But, you know, if you like having a whisper of structure. A soupçon of stability. Daytime pants.

I hesitate to even post these pictures because I can already envision Me A Month From Now grimacing at the bright colors and smiling children and make-the-best-of-it art project quality of this moment as I survey the abandonment of daytime pants and crumbling moods of my family members who have finally come to realize exactly how many beans I intend to serve them through this ordeal. On the other hand, maybe we won't even have internet a month from now, so:






I did not use "cave carrots" because that is a made up thing and I don't have time for nonsense right now, Stardew Valley. Only for Rainbow Cookie Lollipops.






ASSESSMENT: This is the most I have veered away from the actual game recipe, but it looks pretty good and it was in fact fun to play with the different colors of cookie dough.

PROJECT STATUS: Uuuuuhhhhhhh I guess grimly determined? I don't know. Tell me what TV shows to watch.