2.27.2020

Red Plate, Parsnip Soup

Okay! I'm back on Stardew. I have RETURNED TO THE VALLEY. I have cooked, for you, the most appetizing possible combination of words: Red. Plate.


Mmm, Red Plate, just the sound of it sends your heart soaring



Okay, so this one feels like maybe the last thing that got named? When everyone was tired? I interpreted red cabbage and radish to be a slaw, which was fine. It tasted like the vegetables therein. Was it as good as the twice-baked mashed potatoes with smoked gouda that I served alongside it? No. Sorry. Beige Plate wins the day.







One of the reasons for my heel-dragging on returning to the blog after my break (aside from my heels' natural shape and density giving them a propensity to drag) is that taking pictures of dinner in the winter is a SUCKER'S GAME. For example, I made this Parsnip Soup in late January and this was the best picture to come out of it:


Grim



Said sad winter lighting also causes the children to look especially haunted.






ASSESSMENT:  Red Plate: as advertised. My hopes for the parsnip soup, as for all soups, were high, and I was disappointed to find it thin and blandly sweet. Not "fresh and hearty" at all! Lies!

PROJECT STATUS:  Spring will be here soon and I am at the point in Breath of the Wild where I have done most things other than fight the Big Boss, which I do not want to do, so looks like everything's coming up Stardew!