4.15.2019

Poppyseed Muffins

Having started right in the center of my complex maze of recipe challenges, it seemed like the most logical place to go next was directly to the highly appealing/low difficulty section of the map. In fact, Poppyseed Muffins exist so far over on the pleasant edge of things that I made not one, but two versions, just to be thorough and also to have more muffins.

First up: Bakery Style Lemon Poppyseed Muffins. As far as I can tell, "bakery style" usually means "very dense," and they actually run a little dry for my taste, but they are still good, and aren't they lovely? 




After consulting with my in-game muffins, however, I noted that they seemed to be a little darker and more...wholesome-looking.


Also more torso-sized

So I went in an Almond Poppyseed direction, and substituted all whole wheat flour. They are less picturesque, but a little closer to the look I was after and had a softer texture that I prefer.


Just pretend that these are 15x larger, for accuracy







ASSESMENT: Did it have a soothing effect? Yes, absolutely, both versions soothed me. I suspect it was less to do with any narcotic properties of the poppyseeds and more to do with the fact that I am calmed by carbohydrates in general.



Me, post-muffins


PROJECT STATUS: Already pretty nervous that I will not be able to generate 70 different adjectives here.