8.08.2019

Eggplant Parmesan

I was recently out of town for a bit, and then I got home but the news was too oppressive to throw food pictures at, and then I spent one day deeply distracted by feral hogs as a concept, and then August really started August-ing it up around here, and that makes it hard to do anything that isn't strictly necessary. But finally I got some nice tomatoes and some eggplants in our weekly farm box, at which point not making Eggplant Parmesan just seemed irresponsible.






The children...tolerated it.






It's possible that Ivy, at least, used up all of her summer food enthusiasm on our trip and simply has no accolades left to bestow.







Failing to live up to the boil-in-bag pasta hurts a little


ASSSESSMENT: Tangy, cheesy, and wonderful, as advertised. I thought it was very good. Not MRE good apparently, but good.

PROJECT STATUS: *silently turns its face to the air-conditioning vent and ignores your question*