9.26.2019

Cookies

When Alex and I were first conceiving ways to make this project more complicated than necessary, one of the ideas was to add some element to the "cookies" recipe to make it seem as though they had been pulled out of a trash can. In the game, you can dig around the garbage in town (don't get caught though, people uh...don't like that for some reason) and sometimes pull out useful things and there are often cookies next to Evelyn and George's house.  My personal theory is that Evelyn is such a masterful, perfectionist, Michelin-star-craving baker that many batches of perfectly good cookies end up in the bin. At least that's what I tell myself while gifting them to some other random townsperson. At any rate, I had been mulling over various things I could sugar-glue to a batch of chocolate chip cookies to give it an edible yet trashy sheen for several months when my 10-year-old came home from school and said "I want to make chocolate chip cookies." And letting her do that seemed a lot easier than, you know, whatever nonsense I was planning.







Since Anna was the one making the recipe this time, it didn't make sense to record her reaction to it.








ASSESSMENT: Chocolate chip cookies are a perfect food, and I feel very good indeed about having created a small human who can provide them for me.

PROJECT STATUS: Delegated