11.14.2019

Roasted Hazelnuts, Stuffing

'Tis the season for Roasted Hazelnuts, and I can't imagine any Stardew Recipe is going to come close to this one on the ease of preparation scale--even fried egg has a higher degree of difficulty than putting nuts in an oven for 15 minutes.





I also think this is the closest I have or will come to matching the game version image of the dish?




As for "a rich forest flavor," I'm not sure what I was expecting...pine? Lichen? Chipmunk? But these just tasted like nuts. (Not a complaint.)


Stuffing, on the other hand, is a deceptively complicated dish! I can't believe people make this as a side to have with other things, it took about five times as long to prepare as my average weeknight dinner, and far too many dishes/pots/pans/cutting boards (i.e., more than one). HOWEVER. The version I made, which incorporated the required hazelnuts and cranberries, is extremely delicious.



Looks like dog food, tastes like heaven



Like, I ate breakfast about 45 minutes ago and I could genuinely go for another bowl of stuffing right now. 


+2 defense against ever wanting to eat anything else


As for the girls, they came very close to unintentionally acting out this Drake meme regarding the two entries.












ASSESSMENT: The stuffing took forever to make and the girls were watching Up while I was working on it, so having to stop and cry a little bit every once in a while may have slowed me down, but it made the house smell very good and warm and bread-for-dinner-y.

PROJECT STATUS: Just cozy as hell, honestly.