11.21.2019

Super Meal, Pumpkin Pie

I knew I needed to make Super Meal soon, before cranberries disappeared for the year, but I couldn't figure out a way to make the combination of bok choy, artichokes, and cranberries palatable. Instead, I did the next-best thing, which was to make a fairly unpalatable meal while the rest of my family was away for the day, so that I would only have a disappointing lunch, not a disappointing lunch PLUS other people whining at me about it.


Ta da! I put them on rice.

I guess the Speed buff makes sense, as I did eat it as quickly as possible


Don't know how much cooking you've done with cranberries, but as it turns out you really do need to add sugar to them! Just have to do it. Really making a strong mental note for next time.


For my family, I made pumpkin pie. With sugar. Because I love them. I liked the recipe I picked because it emphasized that it has "extra spices" which means I only had to double, and not quadruple, the amount of spices it called for.


Spicyyyyyyyyy




For saving them from Super Meal and instead offering up a lustily-spiced, butter-filled-homemade-crusted pie, I receiving a glowing "It's pretty good...for a pumpkin pie."



Which is how I learned that Anna does not like pumpkin pie

ASSESSMENT: Mostly I feel good that I am knocking out the Thanksgiving-themed recipes in time, and not trying to foist pumpkin and cranberry things on everybody for St. Patrick's Day or whatever. 

PROJECT STATUS: Probably going to add 1/4 cup of sugar to every recipe going forward just in case.