6.18.2020

Pink Cake

Hey! Looks like I've been self-therapizing at you for about ten years now! I made us a cake, to celebrate.





And by "made us a cake" I mean I made what probably would have been a perfectly respectable white cake with buttercream frosting except that I dumped watermelon Jello into both the batter and the frosting and now it is...something else. Something...nightmarishly pink. But I did hand-sculpt some Starburst into heart shapes, because I love you.

This cake is so extra it managed to garner one of the most tepid responses so far from the children, who at this point have eaten all manner of eels and snails and such. But the watermelon frosting is pushing it.







ASSESSMENT: VERY PINK, JUST SUFFOCATINGLY PINK

PROJECT STATUS: I think I am going to celebrate this blog's 10th anniversary by going on another hiatus, until such time as I can tolerate the sound of my own voice/sight of my own typing again. I promise that someday, I will return to you bearing Seafoam Pudding, and you will say "Oh, no thank you. No thank you at all."