11.27.2012

It's a SEE-food diet wait that joke doesn't work on paper

Hey, we're all still talking about Thanksgiving, right? No one has completely moved on to Christmas even though it's still November *cough*Twitter*cough*? Okay, whew. Because I really wanted to let you all know that I have fully mastered this deviled egg thing.

Fine, it's sort of Christmasy colors, are you happy?
I can tell they were good because deviled egg filling is the only solid food Anna ate that day.

It makes me happy to make her happy.
This is how my first attempt to photograph my Thanksgiving plate turned out and I'm going to stick with it because it basically matches my memory of the experience.

A swiiiiiiirling vortex of gluttony.
Ivy was surprisingly unimpressed by her first solid-foods Turkey Day which makes me think she's just trying to show off for her big sister.

That turkey was delicious and you know it, child.
She didn't seem all that interested in decorating for Christmas at YaYa and PaPa's house either.

I mean, fair enough, it is only November.
I'm actually a little spooked at how close Ivy is to mastering Anna's "burdened toddler enduring fun activities" face.

But also kind of pleased. Sisters!
Plus, I get it. Sometimes at the end of a long decorating spree you just want to throw your elf hat over your shoulder and call it a day.

It's milk thirty, y'all.

It seemed like we needed a change of pace. Get out of the house, you know. Eat something on the lighter side after all the festivities cheese enchiladas covered with fried eggs and avocado and strips of steak.

Mine is not your run-of-the-mill holiday detox plan.

And who wouldn't be excited about queso? Queso!

Oh, she's good.
Okay, I really have tried to lighten up a little since last week. I mean, I'm already at the point where I'm eyeing pants that button with suspicion and disdain. So when we hit up Black Star the other night I went for some good, nourishing vegetarian chili.

What do you mean you don't see veggie chili? It's right there. No, under the cheese. On top of the Fritos.
And what's lighter than fish and beans? The pesto is made of arugula.

I don't know what chorizo you're talking about.
And now, apropos of nothing, here is Anna with a stuffed lion.