3.04.2016

The week that was (possible, probably)

This week we had two sick days, an early release, and the first significant re-stocking of candles since the holidays, so all of the recipes I followed were of the "Recommended Heating Instructions" variety. As such, why don't we see what nice things I could have made out of the March/April issue of Eating Well had this week been a different sort of week.

Open-Face Egg Salad Sandwich. Yum! So seasonal! So containing of eggs! Would have been a great weeknight selection.





Garlic, Sausage, and Kale Naan Pizza. My children would have picked a lot of things off of this, had I made it. But I think we all would have ended up with a balanced enough meal. And hooray for any recipe that leads off with "garlic," am I right?





Roast Pork, Asparagus, & Cherry Tomato Bowl. Look at all this good stuff in one bowl. Nice choice, Alternate Universe Erica!





And wouldn't you know it, in the Week That Wasn't I had juuuuuuust enough time to squeeze in this Tangerine Upside-Down Cake. Guys, this was 100% worth the fictional amount of time I spent on it.





And while we're on a roll, instead of looking at pictures of my children slumped across the couch, let's see what Family Fun magazine proposed for our activities.

Make homemade marshmallows! Definitely. Why just drink hot chocolate when you can also do a lot of work:





And homemade chocolate syrup as well, I mean, I think that goes without saying:





Deter art supply thieves by surrounding your colored pencils with a vicious yarn-monster:




Play God:





Do a lot of complicated things to instill in your children a belief in leprechauns, no matter how terrifying leprechauns are when you think about it:







Uh...get kind of high and hang out on the sidewalk, I guess? :





MAN. That was such a great hypothetical week, you guys. I hope all the stuff you didn't get done this week was just as satisfying.