10.06.2017

Pumpkin twice

It's the first week of October, which means I exclusively cooked pumpkin things and I'm not sorry.




Pumpkin muffins, thanks to Miriel for reminding me about these. I made them with all white whole wheat flour so that my children would be less inclined to eat them all. It's working!



Roasted butternut squash tacos. Also, if you object to my calling these "pumpkin," please refer to my family's favorite autumnal factiod.



Definitely recommend adding live cats to your Halloween decorations this year, I find that it adds a certain what-exactly-is-happening-here quality that's hard to beat.







Yesterday Ivy was home from school with a fever, but it was the kind of sickness that responded well to medicine and caused me to have a very much perked up child by midday. This meant that every time I turned a corner I encountered these things attempting to trick-or-treat from me. 




They made off with about $3 in change and a book of matches, I didn't really want to take chances with dead-eyed tricksters.