10.17.2017

Very nearly a recipe

If you've read this blog for any amount of time you'll have noticed that I like to post about food and I try to throw you some helpful links but I never write out actual recipes. The reason is simple: it seems like a lot of work? And also, when I do manage to create something that tastes good all by myself, I tend to forget to pay attention to the tiny details such as "ingredient quantity" or "cooking time."

So I'm going to give you a very general summary of these German potato salad...nachos? See, naming things is also a problem. I wanted a party-friendly version of potato salad, so I coated thick slices of red potatoes with olive oil and Dijon mustard and roasted them in the oven at a...high-ish temperature for...a while. Then I flipped them over and put a little pile of chopped red onion and sauerkraut on top and cooked them...some more. Then I took them out and put sour cream and scallions on top. Ta da!



Listen, I also wish I had more specific details, okay? We're all at the same disadvantage here.



The last couple of bus stop mornings have been very very very good for me.






Less so for my children, who remain unconvinced that humans can survive sub-70-degree temperatures for extended periods.