8.17.2012

Town: I am out of it.

That's right dearies, after a week that was basically terrible in various ways, I have packed it all up and skipped away to the sunny shores of California. The only hard part was, as always, leaving Anna bereft at my impending absence.

Heartbreaking.
We're actually here for a pretty frou-frou wedding, as evidenced by the fact that the hotel bathroom includes a substance that both cleans your hair and exorcises it of its demons. At least, I hope it cleans your hair.

It is a Fancy Place.

I also spent some time this morning sampling various artesian vinegars.

No joke here, just bragging.
Don't worry, though! We haven't abandoned our humble, ridiculous-food-seeking roots. We spent a leisurely morning at Cafe 222 (WARNING: very annoying website) partaking of such nourishment as peanut-butter-and-banana-stuffed French toast:

Re: "nourishment," YMMV.
And a pumpkin waffle:

As featured in Gourmet magazine!
And now a special tip based on my personal experience, which is of course why you are here: in order to fully enjoy your pumpkin waffle as featured in Gourmet magazine, do not upstage it by ordering a tamale with gravy on the side no matter how much your brain is shouting IT'S RIGHT THERE ON THE MENU THEY OBVIOUSLY DON'T THINK IT'S WEIRD JUST DO IT. Better to skip the waffle entirely.

Hellooooooo, California.
Anyway. I do not know anyone at this wedding and I have spent a great deal of time skulking palely around the pool, fully clothed, quietly humming the theme song to "The Beverly Hillbillies," so I think it's going pretty well so far. But don't be surprised if I end up spending most of the weekend hanging out with this guy.

I feel like he just gets me.