9.14.2012

Meat Month: Days 12-14

Here we go, Day 15, halfway there! I think! My math skills are fueled by bread, so it's hard to say with any confidence! Let's check the timeline and see how we're doing. Oooooh, tomorrow I get to the "Tiger Blood" phase. That sounds pretty fun! Who doesn't want to feel like Charlie Sheen? Oh, everyone? Everyone doesn't want that? That's okay. A mental-illness induced manic spell is probably an improvement over my current mood, which is ranking pretty, pretty high on the NOT GOOD scale, though I'm certain you hadn't noticed due to my very sunny demeanor.

It probably just boils down to the fact that I am tired of loading and unloading the dishwasher constantly. That is generally enough to ruin my day. This diet is lucky it's not also generating extra laundry, or I'd be out the door. That's right, I would abandon my own home in order to escape all the meat inside of it.

I am also so extraordinarily tired of cooking, as impossible as that sounds, that I would probably eat absolutely anything prepared by another human being, even if that human being were Scandinavian.

Anyway, let's eat, I guess, because what else is there to do, really? Nothing good. Nothing good. So here's some Rogan Josh over roasted spaghetti squash.

Spaghetti squash: significantly less magical the second time around.
And here's some baked eggs. With stuff. Specifically, no cheese and five times the spinach.

Here we are. Indifference toward eggs. Oh, cruel fate.
"Chinese" "Pork" "Fried" "Rice." Okay, the "pork" and "fried" are accurate.

Cauliflower "rice": not very magical in the first place.
I also need the daily newsletter to stop suggesting that I "treat myself" by engaging in one of the rather expensive activities they list, due to the fact that I have spent all of my money on meat.

At least it's raining! That's not sarcasm. Rain is goooooooood. It's good for our very brown yard and good for the temperature and good for Anna's street art, which flourishes under adverse conditions.




I noticed Ivy plotting her escape into the wet wilderness pretty hard.


So I turned her loose in the garden bed and let her chow down on some mud.

Someone in this house should be happy about what they're eating.