1.22.2013

Salads, rocks, we'll all be skinny in no time

Hey, an internet recipe! How new-fangled! This Caprese Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Reduction had a really nice flavor happening with the tomato, fresh mozzarella, and basil. It's a classic combination, but it had never crossed my mind to throw it on top of a chicken breast.

HANG ON DID I JUST GET TRICKED INTO MAKING MEATZA AGAIN?

As I am ahead of schedule on Expedition Cookbook, I'm taking the week off and reverting to my Pinterest-led comfort zone. Also, a couple of days ago I found this somewhat wary-sounding note next to a stack of cookbooks in the kitchen.

Dan is nothing if not longsuffering.

I was mostly very lazy this long weekend and let professional establishments feed me (Central Market and Black Star, respectively). I have to say, they did a bang-up job.

I like that the menu in no way indicates the prodigious amount of butter involved in this roasted salmon, because it lets me feel virtuous when ordering and still get to eat a prodigious amount of butter.

Hard to feel virtuous ordering fried chicken. UNLESS YOU ADD A LOCAL GREENS SALAD. Ah crap, I'm never going to win Biggest Blogging Loser if I keep giving away my brilliant dieting strategy.

We tried to take advantage of our stretch of beautiful weather this weekend by spending a lot of time at playgrounds. Nice ones! With pleeeeenty of fun activities! I have to admit I was sort of hoping that Ivy, my more adventurous child, would find entertainment outside of "trying to eat rocks."

If anything she's just going to overachieve and "succeed in eating rocks."
Well. At least Anna is big enough now to take proper advantage of playground equipment.