6.28.2013

June Gloom

I'm having a bit of a midsummer first week of summer slump right now. I don't know why.

I know why.

At any rate, it's making me want to do a lot of sleeping and sitting still and not bothering to take especially good pictures of food that was quite tasty, such as this Chicken Saagwala from Cookbook #71: Flavors of India (Meena Pathak, 2003). 


Sorry my Seasonal Affective Disorder is giving you the short shrift, delicious Indian food.

Provenance: Mom. Previous recipes on this blog: none. Jokes I wish I could generate about this straightforward, well-written Indian cookbook: at least one or two, come on. Verdict: excellent food, does not seem effective in curing mild depression. A-

Anna very solemnly asked me to take this picture of her.

For posterity.

This one was candid.

Ivy is not currently displaying any symptoms of summertime blues.