7.30.2013

Probably an excess of black bile, as usual

Not only had I already set a kitchen towel on fire by 7:30 this morning I had also just stood there for about ten seconds wondering why it kept being on fire instead of taking measures to make that stop being the case so it's possible that my head isn't really in the game and a good thing I have a few pretty Pinterest recipes to distract you from my word...lackings.


Cabbage is better than sentences, right?

That's Spicy Rice Noodle Salad with Cabbage and Tofu. It was significantly more successful than my last foray into rice noodles, which is good because the next time my entire home is covered in oily rice noodles I'm going to leave them there. Very tasty. I had a really hard time swallowing it, but that's a different issue and one that just caused me to spend an inadvisable amount of time on WebMD, so if I wasn't going to lie down after posting this before I definitely am now.

Moving on! Thai-Inspired Hydrating Cucumber Salad with Roasted Spiced Chickpeas. This was "actually pretty good," per Dan, which I think is his diplomatic way of saying "I worked all day and came home to a bowl of raw cucumbers, but I forgive you."


It was fine. I'm supposed to have the leftovers for lunch. Maybe I will spend my lunch break (haha, never gets old) worrying about esophageal cancer instead.

Finally, Chicken Avocado Soup. It was comforting and delicious. I think you should go make this one right now. I think I should go make this one again right now.


Chicken soup would cure almost everything that's wrong with me (sleepiness, humors out of balance, internet-induced hypochondria).


We definitely know how to dress ourselves for hot weather, but rain remains a mystery to us.


It's not supposed to touch skin, right?

We're also practicing our selfies.



She's even disappointed in herself for taking her picture.