7.12.2013

A few vegetables and a lot of cheese

So I did a little calendar math regarding my cookbook project and I am tearing it up. With three quarters of the cookbooks done and almost half a year left, I deserve to take it easy here in the dog days, right? Treat myself to a little summer vacation. Isn't that what people do in the summer? Take vacations? Do activities? Enjoy lives? Leave houses? Haha, okay, whatever you say.

Tuuuuuurns out my family still wants to eat dinner pretty much every night, and by "my family" I mean "I." And by "every night" I mean "as soon as I wake up." To Pinterest I turn! Doesn't this Roasted Strawberry and Asparagus Quinoa Salad look good?


SPOILER ALERT THAT'S BECAUSE IT IS GOOD

And I guess this Spaghetti Squash with Apples and Toasted Pecans (and grilled chicken) reads kind of autumnal, but I got the squash at the farmer's market last weekend so who's seasonal now, huh?


It was also good. I don't need to yell it at you. You believe me.


Ivy's current "CHEESE" face:

Pretty solid.

Anna's current "CHEESE" face:

Strikingly similar to her past "CHEESE" faces.


Anna's current "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT CHICKEN DANCE" face:

Just kidding, this is her "CHEESE FACE: FIRST VARIATION."

Hey Anna, what if that CHEESE were covering a hamburger and/or enveloping some macaroni?


#foodie