3.18.2014

I will not impose on your emotional state, this once

Man, after Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day, Mardi Gras, and Pi Day, it sort of feels like St. Pat's is the first holiday of 2014 to fall on a non-ULM Official Posting Day and I have to admit, it's a little bit of a relief. I mean, aren't you guys sick of me demanding that you have a happy day of some type? Now the pressure's off! Have a regular Tuesday today, everyone. Have a nice boring March 18th. Festivities will resume…let's see…April Fool's Day, I suppose. Get those hilarious tricks ready.

In the meantime, check out the super low key Irish-ish dinner we rocked last night, via Cook This Now. Baked Stuffed Potatoes with Corned Beef and Dill Butter, roasted cabbage, Irish Soda Bread.




Turns out, if you don't feel like braising a giant hunk of beef all afternoon, you can walk up to a deli counter and ask for 1/2 pound of corned beef and they will just give it to you in exchange for money. Instant corned beef! The more you know! I highly recommend this method. It will give you way more time to scrub all the paint off of your rug OH YEAH DID I MENTION?


I would definitely have assumed that this was the work of an incontinent leprechaun had I not watched Ivy dump out of the entire jar of paint while staring at me defiantly. Also, we didn't even set up a leprechaun trap, so that would make no sense.


I KNOW YOU THINK YOU CAN BREAK ME CHILD BUT YOU ARE NOT MY FIRST TWO-YEAR-OLD.




Besides, I know for a fact that in two years or so you are going to turn nice and sassy.




I can wait.




Okay, now I'm feeling bad that I condemned you to an ordinary late-winter non-holiday, so to make up for it, here is all of the (un-pie) food we ate in Fort Worth last week.



Rocky Mountain, Glazed Doughnuts & Cafe. It just tasted like chocolate, no hints of crisp mountain air or anything. 

Maple donut tricked out with bacon slice and filled with Bavarian cream, Glazed Donuts & Cafe.  "Simplicity" is overrated as a life goal.

Cinnamon, Apple, and Cranberry Waffle, Brewed. Look, Dan didn't go with me to the Bacon Festival and he's still catching up, okay?

Serrano grits with scrambled egg, Brewed. Serrano in grits! Good idea!

ART BREAK. Sometimes you just get tired of food.

Whatever the fish special was at Café Modern that day. For some reason, Dan doesn't write down exactly what he orders at every meal. So. Live and let live I guess.

(Consults notes) Moroccan Chicken Salad, Café Modern.


Papardelle with butternut squash, prosciutto, and hazelnuts, Nonna Tata.  This pasta is fresh and it is good. Even run-of-the-mill pasta is good, really, so this is extra good.


Tortelli with eggplant, goat cheese, and pistachio butter, Nonna Tata.  PISTACHIO BUTTER I MEAN CAN YOU EVEN.


S'mores in a Jar, Brewed again. Too dark to get a good pictures of the layers, but there were layers. S'moresy, s'moresy layers.


Oyster Sampler, Waters. Let's see if we can just get a closer look at...

Yep, there we go! Perfect.


Mesquite grilled Arctic char with squash ribbons and heirloom tomatoes, Waters. I ate this and Frito pie within about a three hour period. I contain multitudes.

Of hungry people.

Oh, just a wall monkey at the completely normal bed and breakfast where we stayed. Maybe don't click that link if you want to maintain your boring, non-freaked-out Tuesday state.