3.25.2014

Mood and mobility

Hey guys, I think I might have been a little too hard on spring last time. Sure the late afternoon light seems specifically calibrated to illuminate every dust molecule in the house, but it's also sort of golden and soothing. Sure it's a pain to dress for the hot/cold temperature swings, but three months from now the swings will be from extremely hot to unbearably hot, so throwing a jacket on in the morning isn't really the worst. Sure a family of birds has set up residence in my oven vent, but maybe it will prevent the girls from…being allergic to birds? What I'm trying to say is, I'm feeling better about the season and also my life in general and also the world at large and hey look at that! I no longer have a boot on my foot and feel as though I'm slowly suffocating from the bottom up! So thaaaaat might explain it.

I'm closing in on the end of the March section of Cook This Now, which works out well since we are also closing in on the end of the March section of 2014. Now, obviously Spicy Black Beans with Chorizo and Jalapeño is a good dish. Partly because it's spicy black beans with chorizo and jalapeño and partly because it is served over rice and I have never had a bad combination of beans and rice.



Not gonna start today.

Make sure and let your eyes linger on those bright spicy colors because next up is...Amish food! I will be finished with Plain Truth by the end of this week, one way or another. It will leave my nightstand. Possibly via my bedroom window. I probably could have finished it already, but I have to stop every two pages to close my eyes and exhale deeply. SERENITY NOW.

Anyway, sorry, let's get back to happy thoughts. Nothing stronger than a bond between sisters!








…possibly excepting the bond between one sister and her pop tart!




WELCOME SPRING I THINK WE'RE READY FOR YOU NOW