5.19.2017

Blah blah blah blah blah is what I say about that

I know that there is a lot going on right now but it's important to me that you know that Rachael Ray says you can put potato chips on top of a steak and classify it as a "salad."


So that's...news


I also got to eat some chocolate cake as a reward for staying alive for 37 years in a row.


I know!

Hard to tell in the picture, but it's actually a Matilda-specific chocolate cake, which made it taste about 30% better.





I was too busy for us to actually go out for my birthday, but I'm sure we'll rectify that situation pretty soon. The thing about leaving the girls with a sitter is I have to write up such a long list of instructions, like "don't try to talk to them for more than 30 seconds because they have no attention span," "don't assume they know anything about anything," "cover their steak in ketchup," "if you play any games, let them think they won," "books with lots of pictures only," "compliment them on their electoral college victory," etc. It's exhausting!

Anyway, ugh, here is a flashback Friday picture to a time when it was not 82 degrees inside my house and I fully assumed whatever our president was doing at the time was appropriately presidential.