11.07.2017

No omen no omen you're the omen

Just want to say that yesterday began with a bird in my house...






 ...and ended with a late-night phone call from myself.





So everything is fine here.



The slightly more ridiculous of my two fairly ridiculous daughters turned six this weekend.




This closeup brought to you by the fact that behind Pusheen she is entirely nude


She asked for, and in no way could be deterred from the idea of, a "poop cake." So that's clearly some degree of parenting failure there, if my enemies would like to make a note of it. I compromised by making it "unicorn poop" and hoping to pass it off as a colorful geological feature.



Beautiful scenic Crap Mountain



After a weekend of birthday nonsense I decided I needed to buckle down and make an actual nutritious meal, so I landed on Maple and Mustard Glazed Salmon, and I gotta say, it was a nice, gentle landing.