1.30.2018

Bring us your bluest moon

I finally found a version of shakshuka I hadn't tried yet: Mexican-Style. And lo, it was good.


I will not rest until every nation on this green earth has given me its eggs-in-tomato-sauce recipe. Do you hear me, Luxembourg?


Between the science fair and the surprisingly complex Warrior Cats fan art and the fact that I recently overheard her mumbling to her math homework "You're throwin' easy ones at me tonight, book," I've had several twinges lately about how much of a Big Kid my big kid is these days.







Fortunately, I was just reminded that according to one important metric--"Can we have balloons in the house that do not result in tears?"--ours is still very much the home of small children.



Which of these should be called Balloony and which Balloona? How strong are your feelings on this subject? How vociferously and for what duration can you defend your position? If you answered "not very," you are likely not a small child.


So that's a relief.




Anyway, I hope you all are braced for the impending SUPERBLUEBLOODMOONMAGIC. Apparently the last one of these occurred in December of 1982, which is the month my brother was born, so I suspect he has something to do with this. We are ready.






Probably.