6.26.2018

I never said our family magic show would be especially challenging

I was reminded yesterday that I can stay fairly abreast of the news without eating it, drinking it, breathing it, rolling around in it, and using it as a night cream, so I have commenced my occasional (triweekly?) abstention from social media until I cease waking up at 3 am in a paralyzing stress hole. Awaking in a non-panic, here I come! #summerbucketlist

I kicked off this recovery period with cold noodles. Peanut noodles are one of my top "I can probably make this without going to the store" meals.



I even beefed it up with some hard-boiled eggs, that's how you know I am dedicated to feeling better

My food stylist noted that "If this were one of those websites where they have a recipe and really nice pictures of the food, there would be one with a fork holding up the noodles so you can see them."






I didn't have the heart to tell her that we are too lazy to be that kind of blog.






Anyway, I was not kidding about all the sugar art:




Our summer aesthetic is "burgeoning cavities"



I don't want to say our summer activities are low-key to the point of being nearly comatose, but the girls spend several minutes in delighting in the fact that when you put a blueberry right on top of the squirrel's eye on this plate, you can make it disappear in the shadow:



Note that the sandwich has been discarded onto the placemat in pursuit of this captivating illusion