6.12.2018

Listen, it might just be too hot to enjoy things

This is your periodic reminder that you are allowed to just have hummus for dinner two nights in a row if you need to. Go on, add some fries in that second round.



I think of all the food items I have threatened to survive on solely for long stretches, the chickpea is one of the most reasonable, honestly


I spent the weekend at the ATX Festival, because that's what I do on the second weekend of June and I don't really have many traditions. It's basically this and eating hummus for dinner. These are the things that define me. 



One Day at a Time--impossible not to be charmed by Rita Moreno, even if my brain does inevitably wander to but what happened to Natalie Wood that night, apologies to this very inspirational group of women for my brain being like that


Drunk History--did I feel great about all the entirely white dude panels I saw? No, but it really takes the edge off when one of them is Jack McBrayer


The tiny, blurry, entire cast of Felicity--I enjoyed this because we did not stay for audience questions


The tiny, clearer, more intense cast of The Americans--this moderator was still...really processing some things



Weekend high points: this bowl of ramen, Matthew Rhys saying the word "garage."