6.22.2018

More like soul-sucking-stice

Merriam-Webster hooked me up with some etymology that helped explain my mood yesterday, as "sun" and "standing" are two of my least favorite things.




Clearly I cannot blame my eternal enemy, the summer sun, for all of my current depression, but it's making all the evil stuff so bright and hot and ugh.


Anyway, I spent my solstice crying in a dark movie theater, which I think will probably be my new tradition going forward.




I ate a salad. I'm kind of trying. I've also discovered that I am "responds to a total lack of control over the world with increasingly diligent flossing" years old.



Any perfect dental check-up of mine should probably come with an automatic referral to a therapist



On the other end of the spectrum, the girls have been attending their one summer camp of the year this week, wherein they consume and then artistically render sugar every afternoon.




I know kids should just be able to enjoy their summer break, but it makes me feel good that they'll have a leg up in their competitive sugarwork classes going forward


Thought it would be worth mentioning over here that if you donate (or have already donated) $20+ to RAICES Texas by the end of this weekend and send me a screenshot of your receipt, I will send you any 8 oz. candle of your choosing. Please take me up on this, even if you donated earlier in the week, sending packages to people is one of the only things that makes me feel better outside of crying in movie theaters.