5.03.2019

Salad and Bean Hotpot

Okay, the birds outside my window are singing very aggressively, like I'm almost sure they're just reading off a printout of my Twitter TL but in actual tweets, which means it's time to knock a couple of SPRINGTIME ITEMS off the list.

"Salad" is a thing that you look at and say "well obviously I have made salad many times, this is very easy," and then you see that the specific ingredients listed are a leek, a dandelion, and a bottle of vinegar and you realize you have to maybe reconsider your strategy. In my case, that strategy was finding a recipe that utilized the three ingredients listed plus maple syrup, bacon, and poached eggs.



Going to try adding maple syrup, bacon, and poached eggs to a lot more things going forward





Here are the girls either welcoming spring or re-enacting the final scene of The Breakfast Club But With Cows


Here I am updating my spring wardrobe to be everything Michelle Pfeiffer wore in What Lies Beneath


"Bean Hotpot" involves exactly one ingredient, which is green beans, and one strong implication, which is that they should be served hot. I tried to rationalize giving this dish its own post but I could only stretch "so I served the green beans hot" to like two paragraphs max.






The wiki claims that Bean Hotpot is supposed to include an energy buff in the game but it does not actually work. In the real-life application I found that our max energy was unaffected but curiously the beans did cause my children to forget how utensils work. So I guess that's like a +3 Fork Amnesia buff, and I would say it lasted about five minutes.




ASSESSMENT: The salad was really good. The green beans were fine, probably because I added butter and garlic to them. Man, I probably could have eked out three paragraphs now that I think about it.

PROJECT STATUS: Don't you/ forget about beans