10.31.2019

Autumn's Bounty

After last week I realized that I needed to cram the rest of Pumpkin Season in pretty quick before the pile of little pumpkins at my grocery store disappeared, and thus: Autumn's Bounty. No recipe for this one, as the only canonical ingredients are "pumpkin" and "yam" and then a picture that definitely includes red and green things that are neither pumpkin nor yam, so I just roasted some tomatoes and Brussels sprouts and orange starches and that was that.



Bountiful enough for ya?




This was another triumph of the Stardew Valley...anti-curse? Blessing? Both of the children ate a dinner consisting solely of four roasted vegetables and did not complain about it. Ivy doesn't like tomatoes, but she liked this tomato. It's almost unnerving.


Ultimately, whomst among us can resist the overwhelming bounty of autumn?

I do not know what this verdict means. She struggled with the idea of averaging out her feelings about each individual vegetable and came up with...this.


Anyway, some of us are extremely delighted that "autumn" has finally gotten to the part where it isn't just "still summer" and some of us have become a sentient pile of layers on the ground at the bus stop.







ASSESSMENT: This is the most uh...overpromising of dish names, for what turns out to be pumpkin and yam. But video game theming did once again brainwash my children into some actual nutrition, so I can't complain.

PROJECT STATUS: IT'S SO COLD OUTSIDE!!! I feel alive. Here come all the coziest recipes.