9.13.2011

You don't even want to know what would happen if I looked directly at a bagel

Okay, Prevention magazine cookbook. Time for you to earn your four and a half stars on Amazon. What further delights do you have in store?

Barley salad with black beans and butternut squash. I took some initiative on this one and added grilled chicken, broccoli, and roasted red peppers. My parts tasted good.

Scallop-asparagus linguine.

Southwest chicken salad.
These were all ooooooookay. I think this cookbook is for people who don't understand the instruction veggies + carbs + protein and need it laid out in the simplest form. Maybe that's me, though! I experimented with some oatmeal this morning and it was a failure, so I will probably continue to go by the book until I can be trusted in the presence of carbohydrates. Man, this is a sad situation you guys. My small plain bowl of oatmeal was a wild, unrepeatable binge. Let's all try so hard not to get diabetes, is my advice.

Anyway, I took Anna to the playground this morning. It was great! She ran around with other kids and got lots of fresh air and exercise. Haha, just kidding, she sat in one place and poured rocks on herself.




2 comments:

  1. I love it. Anna really enjoys groundcover. At least girl knows what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tips from a long-time diabetic: oatmeal may spike your sugars slowly, so don't be surprised if they go up 1-1.5 hours after you eat it (this is what happens to me). I add a splash of milk and some walnuts to make it more interesting (cinnamon is good too).

    ReplyDelete