9.30.2011

Carnivore blues

The good news is, Bon Appétit continues to provide recipes for food that is actually edible.

Lamb tagine with tomatoes and caramelized sweet onions.

Spice-rubbed steak with white beans and cherry tomatoes.
The bad news is, I am suuuuuuuuuper tired of eating meat. Even nice-tasting meat. I'm a little concerned that seven more weeks of this will cause me to emerge on the other side as a vegetarian, which I am also not really in the mood for. I know it seems like there's no pleasing me, but I'm pretty sure that's because all this protein is making me SUPER CRANKY AND MAYBE ALSO SORT OF AGGRESSIVE, AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO TYPING. I'm going to go lie down and think about the days when I ate sugar and was happy.

In the meantime, Anna has requested the day off from her job as jokey-caption subject.

Fine, but you're clocking in that much earlier Monday morning.