11.25.2011

Hey, remember when I got diabetes? So weird.

Everybody ate a disgusting amount yesterday, right? The extra weight won't count if we're all in it together. This year was exciting for me because for once there was a gap in the dessert menu so I got to experiment with some seasonal recipes (read: things I bookmarked during my cardboard period with a single tear in my eye).

Pumpkin gingerbread: win.


Apple cider cream pie: mega win.


Pumpkin spice rice krispie treats: fail. Super soggy.

I still ate four of them.
So, anyone who has (very kindly) told me that I don't look like I just had a baby, don't worry:

By Christmas I definitely will.

So will Dan.
I joke about the downside of overindulgence, but the important thing is that everyone really savor and appreciate such a bounty when it's available.

IT'S JUST GINGERBREAD HONEY, DON'T OVER-THINK IT.
Maybe she was just getting a glimpse of her future, wherein we dressed her as a pioneer pilgrim flapper.

Festive!