9.20.2013

I Don't Even Know What To Do With You Week Part Two: I REALLY Don't Even Know What To Do With You

So! Good morning! Um...

...(sound of nervous fingertips drumming on the keyboard)...

No idea why I've been putting off these next three cookbooks, I used to blog about Paula Deen all the time! Butter, I mean, it's soooo funny, right? No one can get enough butter talk. I wonder what she's been up to lately you never really hear anything I assume she's just still slapping butter on everything and pronouncing the word "scallops" weirdly and

I know I should have included these in Comfort Foods Week but for some reason I can't remember they didn't seem very comforting so

Alright, the thing about the South is

No, listen. I'm going to level with you. This blog is allergic to controversy. And it's not just saying that to be trendy because that's the in thing, it has actually been tested by a blog physician and has a physical intolerance, okay? Controversy does really terrible things to this blog's digestive tract and also makes it all splotchy and swollen so don't roll your eyes when I say allergy like it's not a thing because it's a thing let's move on

Hey, I have three Paula Deen cookbooks. I did not manage to use them before, say, June of this year so I am using them now. Here is the first one. Cookbook #89: The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook (Paula Deen, 1998). Provenance: Mom. Previous recipes on this blog: none. Likelihood that you would have guessed the food personality based on the following mise en place: pretty low, I bet.


I tricked you, there are three sticks of butter under that broccoli.

There are several directions I could have gone with this thing. Cheeseburger Meatloaf was one way. Uh, Confederate Bean Soup was another. I decided to take the radical approach of picking a recipe that sounded good to me at the moment, which was Savory Salmon with rice.


It's salmon with a ton of vegetables on it.


In Cookbook #90: The Lady & Sons, Too! (Paula Deen, 2000), I went with the dish created by the surprising layout of ingredients above, Szechuan Chicken with Angel hair Pasta.



It was pasta and chicken with a ton of vegetables on it.

And finally, Cookbook #91: The Lady & Sons Just Desserts (Paula Deen, 2002) included this Fresh Blackberry Crisp.


I'm not going to lie, this was delicious.

Verdict: I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE, YOU GUYS.

Aaaaaanyway. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays this child from the swift completion of her concrete-mowing rounds.