You know what name I never spent two entire blog posts stubbornly misspelling? "Martha." I'm just saying. Alas, let's proceed with NoGwynber, now with more accurate portmanteau assignment!
- How Gwynethy is the intro? It's allllllmost fine until she suggests that you could "slip A Poached Egg on top," capitalized, because there is a recipe for such later in the book. 2 out of 10.
- Substitutions: champagne vinegar for white wine vinegar, because I was trying to elevate this peasant food and also was out of white wine vinegar
- Additions: none
- Result: this was delicious, likely due to my use of champagne vinegar in the dressing
|Sorry guys, dinnertime is really dark now. I am considering bumping it up to 4:00 pm.|
- How Gwynethy is the intro? Name-drops a doctor, insists that something containing
unholycoconut water "tastes so beautiful." 6 out of 10.
- Substitutions: Boxed coconut water for fresh coconut water, this was probably my fatal error
- Additions: a lot of sighing
Fortunately, mine is a well-stocked home (white wine vinegar notwithstanding), so I was eventually able to rinse the taste out of my mouth.
CENTRAL TEXAS WEATHER UPDATE: We have skipped directly from summer (high of 80) to winter (high of 40). We're totally fine with this, whatever, who likes autumn anyway, pleasant weather seems dumb.