11.21.2014

Apple's Lament

Let's continue our pursuit of NoGwynber as it flits, it floats, it fleetly flees, it flies. By which I mean, I just got a notice from the library that this cookbook is due in a couple of days, and who even knows if it will be renewable? Who knows! Not me! Haven't checked! So now is the time to really embrace this sucker just in case I forget to ever investigate that possibility, maybe, somehow, peradventure.


How Gwynethy is the intro? "I don't eat red meat, but sometimes a man needs a steak." YES VERY GOOD 10/10. I bet you didn't realize you were getting a bonus relationship guide!

Substitutions: Again, I don't know that my anchovies were of "good quality."

Additions: "A Plain Roasted Sweet Potato," page 152, the non-recipe for which I am not going to dignify with its own entry.

Result: No idea, I only served this to Dan.


I like to imagine that she was punishing Chris for eating steak by insisting that it be smothered in tiny fish.


Super-Crispy Roast Chicken

How Gwynethy is the intro? "This dish is in heavy rotation at my home--the men in my house love it." Um. That's…that's going to be 9 or 10 points there. Yeah, probably a 9.5.

Substitutions: none

Additions: none





Result: The women in my house loved it.







How Gwynethy is the intro? "My beautiful daughter, Apple, is obsessed with mashed potatoes. She asks for them every day. As white potatoes are a nightshade (causing inflammation) and showed up as a no-no on her food sensitivity test, I devised this mash as an alternative." HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS THIS IS TOO SAD TO RANK. IT'S TOO SAD.

Substitutions: EVERY DAY SHE ASKS FOR POTATOES EVERY DAY.

Additions: MEANWHILE THE MEN IN THE HOUSE HAVE THEIR EVERY CARNIVOROUS URGE SATISFIED.

Result: I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO LIE DOWN FOR A LITTLE BIT.


Really, the only thing we can do now is look to the future, with hope in our hearts.