11.24.2015

I'm taking this horse by the reins

I'm on vacation! As evidenced by this here fancy waffle and the conspicuous absence of small humans trying to prevent me from eating it:




I'm actually on a business trip, for business, but it seemed reasonable to stop for waffles en route to buying 200 pounds of soy wax. Anyway, feels pretty vacation-y to me! So today I want to briefly discuss two random, non-Martha, non-children things.

First up: has everyone read this very long and very interesting article about selfies? Do it! I know it says "57 minutes to read" at the top and that is going to make you think "Oh boy that is a very long time to spend reading about selfies," but I personally felt it was worthwhile. Here is my "I'm glad I spent an hour reading about selfies" selfie:



Look forward to seeing my face more, because of feminism and mortality and such. Read the article!

Second: a New Year's Resolution update! I intended to purchase and listen to one newly released album every month of 2015. This plan was going gangbusters until August, at which point it was August and I lost all motivation to do anything, even enjoyable music-related things. So I skipped August. And then I skipped September. But then October came and I got BACK ON THE MUSIC TRAIN. Here is the error I made: the particular music train I boarded was HAMILTON and now I have lost interest in any and all other music. So I have skipped November and will probably skip December and by skip I mean "listen to Hamilton on repeat at every available opportunity and probably rap the Lafayette part from 'Guns and Ships' at you at some point in our conversation if I have had enough coffee."

VACATION, WOO!






WOOOOOOOOO!