11.10.2015

"Fourness" -> "Sourness" I see what you did there autocorrect

I thought it would be grown-up-ly of me to shove a few vegetables into our menu in between Halloween candy and Christmas cookies, so I've been consulting Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Appetite for Reduction and it has reminded me how much I enjoy really going to town on a bowl of legumes.


There isn't even candy at the bottom of this Smoky Split Pea Soup and I still loved it.

The children even ate some parts of this Pasta e Fagioli with Spinach.


Mostly the beige parts.


Of course, we had to make room amid all this responsibility for the sublime decadence of a four-year-old-designed birthday cake.



Even Anna thinks it might be a bit much.

For the most part we are just recovering from birthday festivities. Embracing our fourness.





Maybe we will embrace it tomorrow.