2.03.2017

More and more

Before I get to today's harissa recipe, I have to confess something that I discovered about the specific spice blend I am using. It's, uh...it's largely paprika.


PAPRIKAAAAAAAA

I still highly recommend this Carrot-Coconut Soup with Harissa and Crispy Leeks, no matter how much undercover paprika is involved.

Anyway, happy Black History Month everyone! I think we should all keep an eye on up-and-comer Frederick Douglass, I've been hearing great things about that guy and his many vague contributions, past and possibly future? Can't wait!



"I think through a lot of the actions and statements that he's going to make, I think the contributions of Frederick Douglass will become more and more."


I don't really go in for "humor" sites too often, as you know, but the very droll McSweeneys did imagine what a Black History Month speech might look like in a terrifying fictional world wherein we had elected a racist imbecile president of our country.

Anyway, don't get so overwhelmed by all the amazing accomplishments of Black Americans that you definitely, definitely have heard of that you forget to thank some white people. And please, keep in mind especially the victims of the Bowling Green massacre at this time. Were any of them even black? There is literally no way to know.

(Hey guys to make up for the above nonsense please please read about Ida B. Wells and Josephine St. Pierre Ruffin and Barbara Jordan, thank you.)


*very long very slow exhale still exhaling still exhaling still exhaling okay*


If you need us we will be watching Trolls and consuming Trolls-themed salt snacks.