12.29.2017

Auld acquaintance

In the week between Christmas and New Years, I subsist primarily on cookies, Chex Mix, beef jerky, fancy nut mixes, and will occasionally request that the house elves make pancakes for me.





I also do not look at Twitter. It is the only time I am happy.

But it means that I don't have any new recipes for the week. What I do have is a list of baked goods that I managed to throw together in between candles batches, only one of which was a gooey disaster and probably only half of which contained more than trace amounts of soy wax.







Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars (aka The Gooey Disaster)

Double Chocolate Icebox Cookies

Mini Eggnog Donut Muffins

Ginger Molasses Cookies

PB and J Blondies



I received many lovely/thoughtful/delicious gifts this year, but Andy wins the Most Baffling Yet Delightful Thing To Receive In The Mail With No Note award for the Scots language version of the first Harry Potter book.





I mean, look at this thing. Every page is a wee treasure.




Have a safe and happy Hogmanay out there, everyone!