2.09.2018

Only 1/3 of the title is remotely accurate

And now for the thrilling conclusion of Slow Cooker Week, which I am pleased to report had a 50% success rate and zero fatalities.



Korean Brisket Tacos: success, once I actually remembered to marinate the beef overnight.



Only one child and one husband complained about the lack of tortillas




Carrot Cake: could potentially have been a success had I included the brown sugar as instructed but as I failed to do so was inedible. Just a salty carrot...hunk. I actually physically shook my head sadly in recalling it just now.


Cheese Grits and Greens with An Egg: this was a regional grocery store failure, as mine does not seem to carry regular, dried grits. Probably because I am a part of the third-coastal elite. So I approximated this recipe with a tube of polenta instead.





Oooh la la


First 100 Days of School Update: I couldn't figure out why Anna, in discussing what to wear for "Dress Like You Are 100 Years Old" day, kept speculating about futuristic clothing, and then I realized she intended to dress as herself in 2109. There was much discussion of potential future parka-making materials.




Who knew the Toddler Who Scowled would turn out so delightful


Anyway, I have to go get ready for work on a weekday like an adult who should have changed the name of her blog several years ago.